Five years ago when my wedding planning began in earnest, my love of couture and all the things edgy high fashion made me seriously consider having a short wedding dress. I was really taken with the idea of having something flirty, youthful, fun and ‘re-wearable’. I thought, oh yes I’ll get my legs out and strut down the aisle and feel like a model. I probably would’ve as well if I hadn’t found ‘the one’ in the form of a long-length, fairy queen number.
Looking at these beautiful dresses below, you can see why the short-length gown is so popular, and also so versatile. You can go mini, with the hemline as high as you dare, or choose a demure tea-length, or lower still to reveal just a hint of ankle.
Other short wedding dress links you might like:
- My short wedding dresses Pinterest board
- My roundup post with lots of shorties featured
- My Oh My Honey post on the 2014 collection
- Beautiful example of a short dress on French Wedding Style
- Several of the dresses in the Lanvin Blanche collection are short of hem
- The Guardian fashion blog talks short wedding dresses
- Tobi Hannah’s book The Short Wedding Dress: The Dress, The Bride, The Style
Are you thinking of going for a short dress? Has this post encouraged you to be brave and get your pins out for the groom?