A wedding that’s a relaxed outdoors affair, with lovely colour schemes, smiling faces, and a tulle dress to top it all off beautifully, is a wonderful thing. Today’s wedding is like a summery daydream, with gorgeous touches like the couple riding around on a Vespa (style!), a denim jacket over the most fabulous cascading dress, and a feast in the sunshine with dozens of smiling faces. This is how you do it.
Robert’s proposal is sweet and touching and you’ll go “awww!” when you read it. I did! Over a surprise dinner, with romantic candle lights, the house decorated with photos, a chocolate dessert for good measure, and candy letters that spelt out, ‘Will you marry me?’, Olga was asked to spend the rest of her life with her man. A proposal like this from the heart just makes me smile so much. They’re the loveliest!
The Big Day
Olga and Robert-Jan were married on July 5th, 2013, at Vruchtentuin den Heyligenberg in Leusden, Netherlands.
Our wedding was beautiful, the first summer’s day that we spent with our best friends and family in a very green outdoor space with original details. Such a beautiful and natural atmosphere, relaxed and eco-friendly (organic, home-made food). A very nice place with an open countryside setting.
The DIY and Styling
- All decorations at the venue
- The ceremony was styled like an old-fashioned school class with hay stacks
- Vase decorated with masking tape and stamps
- Table decoration.
The Vespa scooter wouldn’t start, at first. Luckily, someone from the rental company passed by and helped us out!
- Do it your own way!
- Only invite the people you love and really want at your wedding
- Don’t make your wedding stiff and traditional; keep it free of obligation and outmoded habits.
- Performed by Little Something
- Ceremony songs – Walk Through Fire by Keb’ Mo’, De Kapitein by Acda En de Munnik, and Trijntje Oosterhuis covering Michael Jackson’s I Just Can’t Stop Loving You
- Last dance – Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
Photography – Yes I Do Wedding Photography
Bride – Brinkman dress from trouwjaponnen.nl, decorated with tulle
Groom – Hugo Boss suit from Piet Zoomers
Guests – were told to wear comfortable summer’s day clothes