Today, I have been married for five whole years. I just cannot believe it’s flown by so much! It honestly feels like a few months ago I was clinging on to my dad down the aisle while my knees knocked severely under my beautiful dress (I’d always thought that was just a cartoon thing!!), while I beamed at my husband-to-be at the altar. What have I learnt in this time?
- Marriage is a life’s work, but that this is fun and inspiring.
- It doesn’t happen around you, you make it how it is.
- You are constantly learning how to be together and to adapt, to be as one while also being separate.
- It’s a living, breathing, changing state, so keep up.
- The wedding day is a great party, but a marriage is being mindful every day of the promises you made, none of which are effortless when real life throws its best and its worst at you.
- You become a team, and even when stuff rocks the boat, you have each other’s back and you fight very hard not to sink.
Happy anniversary to you and me, Mr B! I’ve bought you a tree to celebrate because this is the ‘wood’ anniversary. It symbolises growth, hardiness, shelter, and life.
The Weddings, etc.
- Pin up meets comic book wedding
- Ralph Lauren inspired shoot
- Coral and rose gold inspiration
- Ace Hotel, downtown LA wedding
- Backyard garden wedding in northern California – I must own those Valentino shoes!!
- 3 simple ways to find out what your readers want
- 7 content marketing lessons learned by losing 225,418 visitors a month
- The changing business of a blog
- 12 quiet rituals of enormously successful humans
- 3 ways to outperform your online competition
- I am such a sucker for furry cushions and throws, so I love this a lot! DIY faux fur chair covers and cushions
- Gamer finds his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, and challenges it to a race
- 10 ways to save the world with Vivienne Westwood
- How to create bright and sharp iPhone photos
- 10 painted interior door ideas – I’m a bit obsessed with doors and windows, so this appeals to me!
- World’s most extravagant treasure hunt to take place in Cheltenham
- The competition to win your wedding photography from Paula Broome is still open. Just comment here, or send Paula or me an email to win!
- Please vote for Way Out Wedding in the Wedding Magazine Blog Awards, 2014! I’m up for the best alternative wedding blog award, and I would sooo love to win! It would also win me a takeaway tea and a bottle of champagne from my husband!! You can vote once a day until September 1st, and you can win yourself some tickets for the big event at the Savoy in London on October 10th. Smashing!