Last Friday was my birthday, so there was no roundup as I took the day off. I had a fab day, despite being horribly ill. But, I was determined to feel birthdayish and so I just cracked on. Mind over matter!! There was a small glass of ‘dammit I’m having it’ wine, and there was a posh curry that cost a (justified) fortune from the supermarket. Aces!!
Apart from the birthday, the highlight of the week was clearing some fabulous wedding eye-candy for my upcoming print magazine. Seriously, these are some crackers. I cannot wait to see Way Out Wedding in tangible form. For a magazine superfan, this has been my dream since the beginning. It’ll be in amazing company, once it’s finally done, what with the new Elle Wedding (best thing I ever heard of) and Rock ‘n’ Roll Bride Magazine (phew it’s still going to be around – Kat had me fooled and disappointed saying no more mag!!). Someone asked me if I was intimidated or put off by the arrival of two utterly huge presences on the wedding mag scene, but I said no, I cannot wait to read them, and that even if no one reads my magazine but me, I would still have fulfilled a wee dream. I’ve always been at home pulling a magazine together, and now I get to do it with weddings. That is truly excellent!!
The Weddings, etc.
- Red, white and retro wedding
- Texas Hill country wedding – the coolest bride and groom
- Joined by another totally fab bride and groom, Inga and Nick
- Bold bridal style for autumn
- Boho wedding dresses from Dreamers and Lovers
- 50 wedding dresses under $1,500
- Fun, colourful beach engagement
- Punk rock bridal shower
- SEO for bloggers – the quick and dirty
- Do bloggers make more money than editors?
- How to use your intuition for more fun, flow and money in your business
- What your office body language says about you
- Be more productive by doing less
- Why value is better than clickability – so bored of the whole link-baiting thing…
- Futuristic movie inventions that should really exist by now – I’ve been waiting for a Hoverboard since 1989. Get a budge on.
- What an ace mum who created whimsical photos of her daughter born with one hand.
- The lovely Helen from Wedding Bazaar tagged me for a blog hop, so I’ll be doing a post for you all about what drives me to bang on about weddings so much!
- Don’t forget to enter the competition to win an engagement shoot from Paula Broome over at Ultimate Wedding Magazine!