I went to the loveliest family wedding last Saturday. Everything about the day was beautiful. I write and think about weddings all the time, but actually being at one, especially a family one, is something even better again. Full of magic, love, fun, happiness. This is one of the only pictures I took during the day. I unplugged and enjoyed the atmosphere, letting the details be documented by the professional photographers. It was really interesting, actually, watching the photographer and her second shooter from the position of knowing much more now about what they do. And let me tell you, they do an absolute ton. Anyone wondering why you pay so much for them can stop wondering because they do so, so much, and it really is way more than ‘taking a few snaps’. I was fascinated watching them work!
The dress I have on is from New Look, was a tenner in the sale, and was worn to my own hen do five years ago. It’s a fashion lifesaver! It did try to fall down when I was having a boogie with the best man, which was embarrassing, but it redeemed itself by having a baby weight hiding peplum. God bless the peplum.
The Weddings, etc.
- Pole dancing and cult films wedding
- AirBnB rooftop wedding
- Loving the flower crowns in this sweet summer wedding
- Flamingo-themed Florida destination wedding
- Modern mint and peach wedding
- Southern California ranch wedding – that tree!!
- This is one cool bride in her burnt orange Collette Dinnigan wedding dress
- Beyond SEO: 5 website tips you should pay attention to
- 5 unique ways to increase your blog traffic
- The narrative fallacy: why you shouldn’t copy Steve Jobs
- Why your blog isn’t growing and how to make it a success
From Neiman Marcus‘s The Book (September 2014)
Image via Fashion Gone Rogue
Spaced is 15 years old! Whaaat?! My favourite love story ever.
What’s your favourite Spaced quote? Mine is definitely, “skip to the end.”