Image via Wedding Magazine
This time last week, I was heading off to the Wedding Magazine Blog Awards at The Savoy! I was so, so nervous, and I didn’t know what to expect at all. When I got off the train in London, I found that I didn’t have a clue how to get to the Savoy, even though I lived and worked in London for 11 years and one of my employers has offices almost next door. Oh dear. Navigation was never one of my skills! I faffed around in Liberty for an age and picked up my loyalty card holder’s birthday gift. I was totally putting off going through sheer nerves!!
When I got there, I got speaking to the absolutely lovely Lauren from The Natural Wedding Company – also up for the Best Alternative Wedding Blog award – and my nerves soon calmed because we were chit chatting away like old chums. I met in person for the first time a lot of gorgeous fellow bloggers and photographers who I’d only ever spoken to over email and social media before. It was fabulous, they were so friendly and warm, and I was a little star struck at first – so silly! However, there were so many more people that I didn’t get to speak to, which was disappointing, but next time for sure.
There was a photobooth by Boothnation (with a wind machine!!), which I was hideously rubbish at – the only other one of these things I’ve ever been in was when I was getting serious passport photos done. I had no clue and hence have the expression of a slapped fish, ha!
The cakes by Choccywoccydoodah were exceptional, the canapés were divine, and the champagne was ever flowing! Thank you so, so much to Wedding Magazine, By Bruce Russell, and The Savoy (which, by the way, is beyond fancy, it’s a dreamscape of a place) for an excellent night!
And thanks to one of my best friends in the world, Lindsay, who was my plus one – we’ve known each other since school, so we just had a great laugh all night catching up as everything happened fabulously around us. Love you, Linds! xx
And the biggest thank you goes to all the gorgeous folk who first of all nominated me and then voted for me. I can’t even explain what that meant to me as such a new blogger on the scene. It gave me a big confidence boost that I can actually do this amazing thing that I’m lucky enough to call my job, that I’m of help to those getting married, and that you forgive me my rather erratic (at the moment!) publishing schedule. Seriously, thank you. I love each one of you for voting. Hugs by the million!
And last but in no way least – congratulations to all the winners!! I whooped several times as my favourites won or got highly commended. Well-deserved, blogger babes!
The other incredibly exciting thing is that the redesign is almost complete!! I’ll go through all the changes once they’re live, but let me know what you think so far. I love the huge pictures and the cleaner look. Much more me!
The Weddings, etc.
- Back to the Future themed wedding!!! This completely blew my hair back when I saw this on my Bloglovin’ feed – my favourite films in the whole world, know every word – they even had a DeLorean. I’ve been planning an Enchantment Under the Sea Dance for my 40th birthday for ages, so am totally taking notice of their homemade banner!
- Iceland glacier wedding
- Homemade and stunning
- Eco styled shoot on Minna
- Steampunk themed wedding
- Can I have a pink wedding dress like this, please?
- Vera Wang’s Fall 2015 bridal collection favourites…
- Banoffee dessert in disguise – my favourite dessert in the world made into a cute, cute favour!
- Woodland creatures felt masks – for the kids at your wedding? Yes, but also I would nab one and wear it myself – masks at weddings is the sort of thing I love!
Photo via A Beautiful Mess
- The 3 unknowing mistakes entrepreneurs make that cost them their lovely clients
- 5 reasons no one reads your blog – this is amazing!! Short and sweet, and oh so true. I vow to show you way more of me on the blog. I’m shy and private, but I think it’s probably a bit weird for folk to read a blog where the blogger is all hidden. Prepare for some personal posts, then!
- 10 things to do for the first 10 minutes of your day – I love this simple little list. I really want to break the cycle of being awake for a nanosecond before picking up my phone like a robot and cycling through all the social networks and emails and aagh everything!!
Fancy winning yourself an engagement shoot from alternative photographer Paula Broome? Yes, I hear you say! Well, head over to Ultimate Wedding Magazine immediately and enter here! Closing date is Hallowe’en, so get a crack on!