Photos by Jim Pollard Goes Click via Hello May
I have a bumper hearts post for you today, so go get that gingerbread latte and settle in. I was sick, sick, sick last Friday with the evil affliction known as Labyrinthitis. One of my besties did make me laugh though, when she said she hoped the David Bowie stage hadn’t lasted too long. That was the stand out winner of the irresistible jokes!
So, what have I been up to apart from being poorly? Well, excitingly, I opened the blog up to advertising oooh! This is a fab development for me, and actually for you, too. I only accept advertising from suppliers whose work I love and who are fantastic at what they do. I don’t take just anything, so you can be sure they’re a Way Out Wedding approved vendor. On a side note, the photo of me on the link I’ve just given you made me pause before I used it because you can see a lot of wrinkles and ‘flaws’. But I decided to use it anyway because that is the real me. I get fed up with seeing false perfection everywhere. Give me reality any day. I have a post in the works about the rise of real images and how refreshing it is in a world of fakery and Facetune. I want to see more Lara Stones with their beautiful postnatal bodies, and less ‘break the internet’ rubbish. Anyway, I shall save this for my post!! On with the things I heart…
The Weddings, etc.
- 1940s vintage styled hen party photo shoot
- The new blog from Phoebe Miller of So You’re Getting Married and photographer Matt Bowen, The Groom’s Retreat – little bit fab!
- And another totally awesome new blog you need to know about is The Vintage Wedding Society. This is gorgeousness itself, run by two wedding photographers, Kelly of Lola Rose Photography and Claire Macintyre.
- Bohemian Opulence – a styled wedding shoot
- Farewell, beautiful autumn
- Breathtaking scenery in this New Zealand wedding
- The elegance of roses and china
- Mexico inspired engagement
- Sweet and quirky DIY wedding at the Amadeus
- Farm to table wedding inspiration
- Amalfi Coast wedding editorial
Kind of a nod to the puffball AND the Vivienne Westwood ‘mini-crini’ in one grand gesture, I really adore this.
- Sequin letter garland DIY
- Hold up! Free printable toucans!! These are my favourite ever birds ever. I made a tote bag at school with one on. It was the biz.
The Food and Drink
Unbirthday Cakes are some of the most colourful cakes on Earth!!
- Is blogging dead?
- Are you a blogging leader or a follower?
- What have you accomplished this year?
- Slow blogging
- Finding your blogging niche
- How to write an SEO-friendly blog post
- Orgasm? Full Frontal? Screamer? Welcome to the world of 21st century beauty
- Morrissey’s idol: celebrating Shelagh Delaney day. If you’ve not read A Taste of Honey, read it. And obviously I will say listen to Morrissey!
- 12 date ideas for the holiday season
- Only a few days left to vote in the Bloggers’ Lounge Blogger of the Year Awards 2014! I’m in the weddings category (obviously!), and I would sooo love to win. Such a good website, and its business and blogging tips are really good.
Until next time, stay well xoxo