The world of wedding fairs is so lucky right now because more and more left field and design-led events are popping up as a saviour for those couples who don’t want the hyper-traditional big day. They know what they want, and have zero luck finding it at the usual wedding fairs that just do not cater for any vision beyond the same-old, same-old. With this new breed of fairs, contemporary brides and grooms are, at last, catered for.
Seeing in its tenth year, Most Curious is actually the first of this type of fair, where established brands exhibit alongside up-and-coming makers working from their bedrooms, kitchens, studios and raw imaginations (all handpicked for their savvy and their creativity and ability to speak to the ideas of today’s modern couples). Its strapline is ‘The Wedding Show for the Style-Savvy Couple.’ Hallelujah for cool wedding fairs!!
“The fair prides itself on being the first of its kind to strip back the labels – vintage, alternative, designer, luxury – let’s just keep it simple: stylish, free spirited, now and next.”
What You Need to Know
- Over 160 exhibitors, over two locations (London over 100, Norwich over 60)
- Featured in Stylist and Elle, and sponsored by Rock ‘n’ Roll Bride and You and Your Wedding magazine
- There will be ‘inspiration installations’ and catwalk shows to get your wedding ideas going
- There’s also an extended dedicated trend forecasting section entitled ‘bridalNEXT!’, a platform for the newest designer-makers. One of these will be awarded the Rock ‘n’ Roll Bride bridalNEXT! Award, with Kat Williams herself choosing her favourite of the new breed of wedding suppliers
- Finally, check out the galleries to see what beauty you’ll be witnessing!
The Venues and the Dates
Head to St Andrew’s Hall (the 15th century former nave of the Friary, so talk about grand setting!) on February 8th, 2015, for the Norwich event.
The London shows are on March 7th and 8th, 2015, at The Old Truman Brewery in the impressive 22,000 sq ft T1 building (I’ve been to fashion shows here before, and it’s such a cool venue!!).
Most Curious has taken a solemn vow to bring brides and grooms the very latest fashions, designs, exciting and directional products and services, with the foresight to be changeable, en vogue, and never tired or standing still.
Photography Credit – Laura McCluskey