I have been a stranger, I know. It’s always busy with me because us mamas are crazy busy, fact. So, I have decided to do this little roundup post monthly for a while. But do not despair, it has a new format, hurray! I’m a visual being, and I really respond to seeing pretty pictures rather than endless lists of things that make my eyes swim, so I’ve put all the links to the weddings, DIY, fashion, and the food and drink into thumbnail pictures so you can see what fabulousness you’re heading off when you click. If you hover over the picture, it’ll give you a description of what it is, and I’ve popped the credits to the photographers at the foot of the post (and these will obviously also be listed when you get to your click’s destination), so that you’ll know who you want to book for your own wedding!!
The other exciting piece of news is that I’ll be opening a shop, not only on the blog, but also in real life when I’m exhibiting at wedding fairs. I’ve been a little bit addicted to eBay of late (and who wouldn’t be when you win such beauties as those pink shoes at the top of the post), buying bits to use in styled shoots and for the upcoming Way Out Wedding magazine. Now this is all grand, but where to store all the gorgeous wedding attire that arrives through the post? Not in this wee abode, that’s for sure! Mr B. is looking nervously at the growing piles of tulle and lace, ever expanding, a bit like that scene in Akira, but obviously nicer and less fleshy. So, I came up with the idea of selling it on to you guys! I’ll be thrifting and sourcing not only hot bridal gowns, but also grooms’ stuff and bridesmaids’ dresses, and even things for guests. You’re all invited to the treasure trove of amazing, one-off clothes! There’ll be a dedicated lookbook and everything. Oh me oh my, I am stupidly excited!! I used to shop in charity shops like a boss, but now I do most of that online, and here is a way to pass on the love. To be continued!!
The Weddings, etc.
The Food and Drink
- What’s your social media personality type?
- The road to Studio DIY: my background story
- Transparency is the new marketing
- Putting it all out there: how much is too much?
- Love your readers <3
- Create sponsored posts that don’t look spammy
- Expand your product line with a collaboration – there are some great ideas in the comments, too. And it can totally be applied to blogging as well as selling lovely things on Etsy.
- Things to remember when you’re having a panic attack
- My mental illness story on Oh the Lovely Things – reading accounts like this reaches far and wide to people suffering. It is just so important we all keep talking in the open.
- Golden Girls – one of my most favourite shows ever!! In gift card form. The genius!
- Top ten wifey accessories to show off your newlywed status
- I absolutely have to visit the Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty exhibition this year at the V&A. Have to.
- This mac from All Saints is a thing of beauty!!
- Alice Takes a Trip on Kingdom of Style, showing the work of Simon Preen.
Actually addicted to Girl Called Johnny’s Heaven Knows
I hope you like the new format. It takes an AGE to compile, but you are totally worth it. Until next time…xxx
Photography – Emma Leslie, Christine Wehrmeier, Um dia de sonho, Rebekah J. Murray Photography, Cluney Photo, Heidi of Our Labor of Love, Glass Slipper Photography, Justin Aaron Photographer, Linda Blacker Fine Art Photographer, Assassynation, Paper Antler, The Colagrossis, Natalie Schor, Michelle Boyd Photography, N. Barrett Photography, Elise Lauren Photography, Will King Photography, Studio DIY, Skunkboy Blog, Fall For DIY, Damask Love, Jessica Peterson Photo, Jessica Milan, Emily Rose England
Designers – Simon Preen