Above: Shoreditch Style on B.Loved
So, I went monthly for ‘WOW Hearts…’ and then got behind. Oh dear! Here’s an even bigger edition for you!!
What I’ve Been Doing
Learning to hula hoop! I’ve been eating very badly lately and I need to exercise. Not being able to get out for my running just at the moment means I have to do something quicker, so when my next-door neighbour showed me her hooping, I was sold. It’s a weighted hoop and so it feels like I was beaten up, but I can feel it doing some good!
May saw some exciting events, what with a bloggers’ meet up in Bristol with Helen from The Wedding Bazaar, Jess and Emily from Bespoke Bride, and Emily from Fishee Designs Photobooth (one of my lovely advertisers who you need to book for your wedding photobooth!!). We had a blast in Wagamama and talked for hours about blogging, life, everything. So much fun!
Then, a few weeks ago saw the coming together of so many talented wedding industry suppliers for our Tim Burton inspired styled shoot. We’d been planning it for ages, and it was amazing to see it all come together and then totally exceed expectations! Here is a sneak preview of some of Nicki Feltham Photography‘s unbelievable shots! These ones show gorgeous model Olivia playing one of Tim Burton’s heroines in The Library at The Dolls House in Islington, wearing a dress by Bijou Bridal, make-up by Let’s Face It, hair by Polka Dot Hair and Make-up, jewellery by Rosie Weisencrantz, and the table is styled by Louise from Beyond Vintage. There were so many other suppliers, as it was a massive shoot, and I cannot wait to bring you everything!! Soon!!
Oh, and also, I want to learn to weave again. Fairly random, but I do! When I was a kid, I was constantly ill and my mum is an artist, so she had lots of creative ideas to help distract and entertain me. One was weaving. She made me a loom from a shoe box, and I wove lots of pretty and abstract squares of colourful wool. Very relaxing and always helped take my mind off everything.
And now, on with the show! Hover on the pictures for what they’re about; click to go to the full posts!
The Weddings, etc.
The Food and Drink
- Getting the most out of exhibiting at a wedding fair
- 4 strategies for keeping your inbox empty
- How I make money from my blog (and online)
- 5 strategies for turning your hobby into your full-time job
- How to create an irresistible email subscription opt-in offer
- 3 steps for brainstorming a better creative business
- Ways to self-promote without being (too) annoying
- 60+ ways to make money on or with your blog
- What video games can teach you about business
- DIY branded packaging on a budget
- Free colourful and stylish blog schedule by one of my fab advertisers Mermaid Gossip a.k.a Fishee Designs
- Anton Corbijn: Behind the Pictures (above)
- Why photographers shouldn’t hide their non-traditional brides
- How Tim Gunn of Project Runway spends his Sunday – I love Tim Gunn!!
- This wedding’s story begins before the bride was born
- Here’s every type of annoying person you’re friends with on Facebook
- The best jumble sales in London
- The dA-Zed guide to British subculture
The Way Out Life Stuff
OK, so that was, frankly, a large pain to create this gargantuan post. I’ll keep on it more regularly from now on!!!
Bec Essery Photographer // Jenny McCann // Miss Gen Photography // JOiELALA // Yellow Bird Photography // Kat Hill Photography // Lara Hotz // Miesh Photography // Cat Hepple Photography // Eliza Harrison Photography // Moran Mayan Photography // Chantel Marie // Milou + Olin Photography // Homespun Creative // Dragan Zlatanovic // Heline Bekker Photography // Tulle and Grace // Sofia Plana // Johanna Macdonald Photography // Barrie Anne Photography // Gore Vazquez Photographer // Hello Miss Lovely // Anneli Marinovich Photography // Melissa Leavitt Photography // Hilary Cam Photography // Koby Brown of Archetype Studio